I’m pleased to announce the release of DualFeeds v1.1 for WordPress.
This version includes many new features, including better support for FeedBurner, support for feed autodiscovery, improved summary feed and presentational elements to help promote your feeds.
What is DualFeeds?
DualFeeds is a WordPress plugin allowing you to offer BOTH Full Post AND Summary feeds, so your readers can choose the format which suits them best.
WordPress 2.3 Compatibility
For those of you wondering whether it’s compatible with WordPress 2.3, the answer is yes! Both version 1.1 and 1.0 are compatible with WordPress 2.3.
- Better FeedBurner support: DualFeeds can now redirect feed requests for your first, second and comment feed URLs to the appropriate FeedBurner URL. This can be used with or instead of FeedSmith.
- Option to turn on feed autodiscovery links for your Full Post, Summary and Comments feeds, so modern browsers can autodiscover your feeds.
- Improved truncation of entries in the summary feed if there is no excerpt or more tag. Instead of being cut off mid-word, they are cut off after the last full word (within the Maximum Summary Length).
- Summary feed now includes a "visit site to read more" link at the end of each entry. Requested by RT from Untwisted Vortex.
- Prominent sidebar widget linking to the Full Post, Summary & Comments feeds. No need to edit your theme to set up links (unless you want to!).
- Option to display links to the Full Post, Summary and Comments Feeds at the end of each post / page.
These are just the major changes. Visit the ChangeLog for the full list of changes.
Where Do I Get It?
DualFeeds 1.1 can be downloaded from the DualFeeds plugin home page. Further information about the plugin and it’s features, including upgrade instructions, is also available on the plugin home page.