Current version: 1.02 (December 22, 2009)
Download: Download (downloaded 2,672 times)
Requires: WordPress v2.8.0 or higher
Compatible up to: WordPress v2.9.2
WordPress Plugin Directory
Subscribe To Plugin News
The Eclipse Crossword Integration WordPress plugin allows crossword puzzles created by the free Eclipse Crossword software to be published via WordPress.
- Adds timer and allows visitors to save their times.
- Lists the top times for each crossword (you control how many are shown).
- Allows you to choose whether visitor links are nofollow (on by default) to help prevent spam.
- Allows you to delete visitor times in the case of spam entries.
You can see the plugin in action on the Eclipse Crossword demo page.
It is recommended that crosswords published via this plugin NOT be used for competitions, etc. Although all consideration has been given to security, it may be possible for people who know what they are doing to fake best times.
This plugin requires WordPress 2.8 or above.
- Download the plugin file and unzip it.
- Upload the eclipse-crossword-integration folder to the wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the Eclipse Crossword Integration plugin within WordPress.
Alternatively, you can install the plugin automatically through the WordPress Admin interface.
How To Use
- Upload the resulting html file to a publicly accessible location (ie the wp-content folder on your server).
- Add a shortcode to a post in the following format:
(where the URL points to the location of the html file).
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a crossword using Eclipse Crossword?
This plugin is not affililiated with Eclipse Crossword and it is beyond the scope of this plugin to describe how to use the Eclipse Crossword software. Please see the Eclipse Crossword website for more information on using their software, or use the tutorial built into the software (available via the Help menu).
Which version of Eclipse Crossword does this plugin work with?
This plugin is designed to work with Eclipse Crossword 1.2.57. I will attempt to update the plugin if newer versions of Eclipse Crossword are released.
This plugin was created for Reach88 from Zhu Zhu Pets Hamsters, who was looking for a way to add a crossword puzzle to Google Blogger. I couldn’t do that, but I could work out how to do it on WordPress and give him a place to host his Zhu Zhu Pets Crossword Puzzle.
Comments are disabled on this page. If you want to leave a comment about this plugin, please do so on the Eclipse Crossword Integration – Comments Page.